Course on 26th- 28th of August: Introduction to remote sensing and vegetation analysis with ENVI
AlphaGIS is more than happy to invite you to participate in the training course from 26th till 28th of August 2014 – Introduction to remote sensing and vegetation analysis with ENVI. Course and all the materials will be in English.
AlphaGIS training centre, Mustamäe tee 4, Tallinn Estonia.
790 € (including VAT). Price includes training materials, lunch and coffee breaks.
Tuesday, August 26th. Introduction to remote sensing with ENVI
The basics of multispectral remote sensing, coupled with exercises that reinforce concepts and introduce the student to image visualization and analysis with ENVI.
Multispectral Remote Sensing Applications
The Electromagnetic Spectrum
- The Basis for all Remote Sensing
- Image Display Basics
- Spatial, Spectral, Radiometric, and Temporal
Remote Sensing Data Preprocessing
- Radiometric Correction
- Atmospheric Correction
- Geometric Correction
- Surface Topography
- The Z-Profile Tool
- Common Material ID Based on Pixel Reflectance
- Band Ratios for Analysis
- Spectral Transforms
- Introduction to Image Classification
Wednesday and Thursday, August 27th and 28th. Vegetation Analysis with ENVI
The basics of working with ENVI. Data preprocessing – getting your data ready to analyze. Various topics related to the analysis of vegetation with multispectral and hyperspectral data.
Image Display Concepts
- Contrast Stretching
- Color Tables
- Density Slice
- Image Linking and Dynamic Overlays
- Atmospheric and solar irradiance corrections
- Methods for conversion to reflectance
- Radiance data
- Image to image
- Image to map
- Warping and Resampling imagery
- Topographic Modeling
- 3D Surface Modeling
- Z-Profiles – extracting spectra from data
- Working with spectral libraries
- Causes of spectral features in vegetation
Regions of Interest and Classification
- Scatter Plots
- ROI Tool
- Supervised Classification
- Post Classification tools
- Change Detection Analysis
- Creating vector layers and image annotation
4. Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org until 20th of August 2014
NB! Participation in the course does not require previous experience with GIS software (s) (including ArcGIS, ENVI, etc.) development.
Trainees have the opportunity to send a work related specifical questions by e-mail to the address email@example.com. The issues will be considered in practical tasks.